Coach Ibraheem "Ib" Suberu
Coach Ib, formerly the head volleyball coach at Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas (1999-2013), returns as resident Master Trainer for our organization. Originally, Coach Ib began his coaching career at the inception of our Club in the early 1990’s. During his 15 years at Pittsburg State University he led the Gorillas to AVCA Top 25 National Rankings, six NCAA Tournaments with several team members earning All-America honors. A few of his team members also gained professional contracts to continue their volleyball careers overseas at the completion of their eligibility.
His individual skill development and team training style is heavily influenced by his international playing background along with years of Collegiate and USA Volleyball club coaching. Coach Ib directs Club North player skill enhancement sessions and will be assisted our coaches and on occasions by guest trainers with college, or international coaching experience.
The long term goal of Club North, with Coach Ib on board, is to implement a cohesive fundamental skills training philosophy from the ground up. This training and philosophy will create a seamless means of transition for our players, one age group to the next.
Coach Ib is also the Director/Lead Skills Instructor for the Volleyball Skills Training Academy. The academy training programs focuses on participants' fundamental skills in small groups, efficient form and technique for consistent ball control in all positions and intelligent decision making during team play. In addition, he is very active in Youth Mission Project with Samaritan's Feet International to benefit young people in communities of need internationally.
Coach Ib will be active in the club's program during this 2017-18 club season in following areas:
- Directing Skill Enhancement Training sessions for all Age Group teams
- Lead coach for the 14-1 and 18-1 teams. In 2015, he led the 14's team to winning the American Division of Northern Lights National Qualifier to earn an automatic bid to the 2015 USA Volleyball Junior National Championships
- Assistant Coach on the 12-5, 16-2 and 17-2 Teams
- Assisting with college prep for parents/student-athletes looking at college volleyball opportunities
- Helping coaches with using video visual feedback to advance player skill development
- Assisting with hiring and continued development of Club North contract coaches
- Liaison in providing international competition opportunities and cultural experiences for Club North players and teams interested in expanding their connections to the global volleyball family